IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR BOOKING INTO CARER HOUSES
We’re delighted to announce that the Carer Houses are now re-open and we are accepting bookings.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis it is essential we follow the Government guidelines, to protect you, our clients and our housekeeping staff, therefore, we have had to put some new booking procedures in place which will affect how you make future reservations.
We are now asking all UK and Overseas Carers to sign a disclaimer before we proceed to make a booking confirmation in one the carer houses. This disclaimer will be emailed to you on initial contact, when requesting a booking.
For carers already in the UK you will be emailed the disclaimer to sign prior to booking one of the carer houses. There is a high probability you will be asked to take a COVID-19 test, however this will be assessed on an individual basis.
I couldn’t improve on this place – beautiful & relaxing after a long travel. Thank you!Linda, Live-in Carer
Overseas carers coming directly into the UK to stay in one of the carer houses will require to quarantine for the time it takes to take a COVID -19 test. The disclaimer and test are mandatory and must be signed prior to confirmation of the carer house booking.
Due to the strict social distancing polices we have had to introduce, to ensure everyone’s safety there is now limited availability in the carer houses. At this time we are unable to process a booking without receipt of the signed disclaimer.
Please remember that it is extremely important you keep the Care Consultants informed on your work availability, travel arrangements and any test results. The most convenient way to update your availability is with Consultus Online.
For more information on the role of a Live-in Carer visit our Live-in Care Jobs page.
If you have any queries regarding the new bookings procedure and the disclaimer please email [email protected]
- Maximum stay 5 nights
- All bookings to be made by contacting the Consultus office on 01732 355231, or email [email protected]
- All payments for bookings to be completed on-line, or over the phone
- Mask or face coverings to be worn in all communal area of the house during your stay
- Follow social distancing recommendations
- All communal areas to be vacated between 10.00am-11.30am to allow housekeeping access
- Guests will be allocated single occupancy rooms and bathrooms and are asked not to use any other bathroom facilities other than the one allocated, during their stay.
- Bathrooms will not be cleaned by house keeping during each stay, however, sanitiser and antibacterial wipes will be provided to clean down areas.
- When preparing meals please sanitise all areas after use
- Remove all bedding from the bed on your morning of departure
- Ensure that you arrive with adequate PPE which should include masks/face coverings and hand sanitiser.
Today Consultus have three Carer Houses which are used by the new and long standing carers who need a place to stay between bookings or during their training. All located close to the Head Office in Tonbridge.
Tonbridge is a bustling little town with a department store, two major supermarkets and an array of boutiques and restaurants. These houses are a very popular place to stay with many carers making a booking many months in advance.
In each of the houses there are spacious lounges offering up a relaxing space, with comfortable seating and a TV to enjoy after a training day.
BedroomsWith a number of rooms on offer, carers can relax in spacious and beautifully decorated shared rooms. On special request and on a first come first serve basis, we also have a single room available.
BATHROOMSAll of our houses come with a modern, family-sized shared bathroom with bath and shower. Each bathroom has been decorated for a fresh and modern feel.
KITCHEN & GARDEN AREAEach house has a fully-fitted kitchen and dining area, giving you the chance to cook and catch up with your fellow carers. There is also outside space in each house, which you can enjoy in the summer months.
Consultus heavily subsidise the houses at a cost of just £36 a night which includes a light breakfast. The houses are run on a self-catering basis with the assistance of a friendly household advisor and booking agent to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Each house has been recently renovated and refurbished to a very high standard ensuring that you feel comfortable and relaxed as soon as you walk through the door.
The facilities include;
- Free wifi and use of a shared computer
- Lounge with television and DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- Hairdryers in all rooms
If you would like to book any of the carer houses email house co-ordinators on [email protected]